1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
I don’t think so…
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
sure, why not
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
no, never, not at all :-p
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Would do it again in a heart-beat.
that would be so uncomfortable with the harness…O.o
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Special K, Berries and Yogurt
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
depends on the shoe
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Ben and Jerry’s-Vermonty Python
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
15. RED OR PINK...
16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
my tendency to cling
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
My friends that I haven’t seen in a while, namely of the ISV persuasion
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO COMPLETE THIS LIST?
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
black jeans, red tank top
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
fuzzy wuzzy brown….seriously, it’s an actual crayola color
23. FAVORITE SMELLS
That incense smell in hippy-dippy stores, lollicup, the ocean
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
where’d 25 go? Ummm…rugby, I guess.
27. HAIR COLOR?
28. EYE COLOR?
green/hazel depending on the day
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
my mom’s J
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
don’t like scary movies
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
35. HUGS OR KISSES?
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Leviathon by Thomas Hobbes, and Still Life with Woodpecker by Tom Robbins
And numbers are disappearing again
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
don’t have one
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT?
42. FAVORITE SOUND(S).
great music, sound of an espresso machine, the click an electric kettle makes when the water has boiled
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I can remember movie quotes like no normal person should, I can bullshit my way through singing a song I’ve never heard before, and I’m an expert tree planter :-p
46 WHERE WERE U BORN?
48. HOW DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE/SIGNIFICANT OTHER?
Seriously, where are the numbers going??
49. WHAT DO YOU DRIVE?
50. WHAT WAS THE BEST PART OF YOUR DAY?
waking up and not having four hours of Armenian genocide to deal with
Yup yup...I'm so bored now that my show is done.
001. Real name – Danielle Frances Ryan
002. Nickname(s)-- Dani
004. Male or female -- Female
005. Elementary –
006. Middle School -- Lake Highland Prep
007. High School -- Lake Highland Prep
008. Hair color -- blonde
009. Short or long -- long
010. Loud or Quiet -- quiet
011. Sweats or Jeans -- Jeans
012. Phone or Camera -- Camera
013. Health freak – not really
014. Drink or Smoke? – drink sometimes; smoke, only hookah
015. Do you have a crush on someone? -- -_-
016. Eat or Drink -- …I do these things occasionally
017. Piercings -- 8
018. Tattoos – None….yet….:-p
HAVE YOU EVER:
019. Been in an airplane -- Yes
020. Been in a relationship --Yes
021. Been in a car accident -- No
022. Been in a fist fight -- No
023. First piercing -- earlobes
024. First best friend –Vanessa from pre-school
025. First award – pre-school-Award for most bible verse remembered….yeah, about that
026. First crush – hmmm…
028. First big vacation –
029. Last person you talked to --
030. Last person you texted -- Liz
031. Last person you watched a movie with – Liz and GW
032. Last food you ate – Special K cereal
033. Last movie you watched – Mr. Brooks
034. Last song you listened to – Norwegian Wood
035. Last thing you bought – a ticket for what the butler saw, though I was comp’ed so I don’t know if that counts
036. Last person you hugged – er….i don’t remember…
037. Food – Cuban, my mom’s
038. Drinks – water, orange juice
039. Clothing – converse, jeans, long-sleeve shirt
040. Flower – sunflowers, daisies, tulips
042. Colors – green, paua (as in the shell…it’s a multitude of colors, but whatever)
043. Movies – tooo many to pick
044. Subjects – theatre, politics, art, lit,
In 2008, I...:
046. [x] celebrated Halloween
047. [x] had your heart broken
048. [ ] went over the minutes/texts on your cell phone
049. [x] someone questioned your sexual orientation
050. [ ] came out of the closet
051. [ ] gotten pregnant
052. [ ] had an abortion
053. [x] done something you've regretted
054. [x] broke a promise
055. [x] hid a secret
056. [x] pretended to be happy
057. [x] met someone who changed your life
058. [x] pretended to be sick
059. [x] left the country
060. [x] tried something you normally wouldn't try and liked it
061. [x] cried over the silliest thing
062. [x] ran a mile
063. [x] went to the beach with your friend(s)
064. [x] got into an argument with your friends
065. [ ] hated someone
066. [x] stayed single the whole year
067. Eating – Special K cereal
068. Drinking – orange juice
069. I'm about to – go to FitRec
070. Listening to -- muuussiiic
071. Plans for today – go to FitRec, go see
072. Waiting for -- motivation
073. Want kids? -- maybe
074. Want to get married? – sure why not
075. Careers in mind – artistic director, Secretary of the Arts (we will have one some day)
WHICH IS BETTER WITH A GIRL/GUY:
076. Lips or eyes -- Eyes
077. Shorter or taller?-- taller
078. Romantic or spontaneous -- romantic
079. Nice stomach or nice arms -- Both
080. Sensitive or loud -- Depends
081. Hook-up or relationship -- relationship
082. Trouble-maker or hesitant – both
HAVE YOU EVER:
083. Lost glasses/contacts -- Yes
084. Snuck out of your house -- No
085. Held a gun/knife for self defense -- No
086. Killed somebody -- No
087. Broken someone's heart -- No
088. Been arrested -- No
089. Cried when someone died -- Yes
DO YOU BELIEVE IN:
090. Yourself -- No
091. Miracles -- No
092. Love at first sight --No
093. Heaven – Jury is still out
094. Santa Clause -- No
095. Sex on the first date -- No
096. Kiss on the first date -- Yes
097. Is there one person you want to be with right now? -- …..
098. Are you seriously happy with where you are in life? – sort of
099. Do you believe in God – Not sure
100. Post as 100 truths and tag 10 people -- ehhhh
Use the first letter of your name to answer each of the following questions. They have to be real...nothing made up!
1. What is your name: Danielle
2. A four Letter Word: damn
3. A boy's Name: Dominick
4. A girl's Name: Darlene
5. An occupation: doctor
6. A colour: damson (shade of purple)
7. Something you'll wear: dhoti
8. A food: dumplings
9. Something found in the bathroom: drain
10. A place:
11. A reason for being late: disease
12. Something you would shout: drive faster!
13. A movie title: Donnie Darko
14. Something you drink: Daiquiri
15. A band: Decemberists
16. An animal: donkey
17. A street name:
18. A type of car:
19. The title of a song: Don’t Stop Believin’
20. A verb: defenestrate
At least it kept my mind off of what would have otherwise been a rather awful holiday
The jury's out on whether Plato/Socrates believed in the ideas in The Republic, or if they were setting up a hypothetical to illustrate what doesn't work (I tend to think the latter)
But, the sharing of spouses and children...the overall eugenic theme really creeped me out. Now I see where Aldous Huxley got his idea from.
Oh, and Sigmund Freud. He totally stole the id, the ego, and the super-ego from the Socrates' idea of the soul coming in three forms: the appetitive, the spirited, and the rational.
Um...yeah. I could be a lot more articulate about these ideas. But I just took an exam on this stuff and my brain hurts. I'd rather leave Plato alone for a little while. We're moving on to Hobbes' Leviathon next. eek
While I understand the necessity of reading the Republic, I can also understand why the Athenians sentenced Socrates to drink hemlock. He's outright irritating. It's one thing to question everything in existence. It's another to be smarmy to boot. And he was. Smarmy I mean.
I would've punched him in the face.
That is all.
Since I have not emerged from a better person recently, I'm going to assume that they meant:
"Which challenges in life have you conquered and thus emerged as a better person"
1. I hate the typical form of stage management. Many actors are taught that the stage manager is responsible for everything and thus the actors are not held accountable for when shit goes wrong.
2. I love goldfish. (Just to be clear, I’m talking about the snack, though I do like the pet version as well).
3. I still don’t know what I want to do with my life. Do I want to be in politics, and be the horse, or be in theatre, and be the gadfly that annoys the horse (Goddamn The Republic for making me use that metaphor).
4. Sometimes I wish I could stop time and just continue as I am, and other times I feel like what I’m currently doing is a set-up for the next stage of my life.
6. I’m unabashedly addicted to Lost and The West Wing.
7. I’m abashedly semi-addicted to Secret Life of the American Teenager and Gossip Girl. They’re so terrible, I just can’t help myself :-p
8. I’ve now come to realize why dating within my department is a bad idea. When shit goes down, you have to see the person every day. Which makes the transition period suck ass.
9. But there might be someone new.
10. I’m really fascinated by the Maori culture.
11. I walk by Planned Parenthood everyday on my way to and from class. I’ve never been able to stop myself from saying something snarky to the people who camp outside with rosary beads.
12. My thesis scares the hell out of me. I want it to be meaningful. I want it to stand out. Mostly, I want to prove that these last three years weren’t completely worthless.
13. I love books. And bookstores. Especially old bookstores.
14. I’m terribly self-conscious. Seriously. It’s really awful.
15. I’m terrified by the world. The show I’m on at the moment is about the Armenian genocide in the early 20th century. Scary thing is, until I got the script, I didn’t know there was an Armenian genocide in the early 20th century. Mainly because
16. I hate growing up.
17. Sometimes I feel like I know nothing about people I consider to be my best friends.
18. Economics will never truly make sense to me.
19. I really do want a Secretary of Cultural Affairs. (Or Secretary of the Arts)
20. More than once, I’ve considered joining the military. But I’m too contrary a person for it to be a viable option.
21. For some reason, I still feel a tie to Lake Highland. I still harbor a lot of hostile feelings about it, but I suppose it’s hard to cut yourself off from a place at which you spent the majority of your life.
22. I live in Allston at the moment, which means my radiator sounds like it’s haunted, the toilet seat is slightly crooked, the mailbox is fucked, and there’s a layer of grunge about the place that cannot be removed come hell or high water.
23. I’m not politically correct.
24. I want to know another language. But I fear it might be too late in life to learn.
25. I’m learning…slowly…to play the guitar
You Are a Jester
You are a natural entertainer. You can get a laugh from the toughest of crowds.
You make friends very easily. You tend to know a lot of popular, rich, and powerful people.
You are also good at playing politics. You know how to get along with many factions without upsetting anyone.
In modern times, you would make a good actor or world leader.
R.I.P. Harold Pinter.
Open new word document
Fix format; type name, course number, date, and title of paper
Type two words
Reply to e-mail
Go back to paper, and make sure the pages are numbered
Get disconnected from internet
(20 minutes later) Finally fix connection
Write thesis paragraph
Come up with three new ideas for senior thesis project
Write first sentance of new paragraph
Start the works cited page
Check Facebook again
Update Facebook status
Sign up for questia for the third time, even though their bastards
Search Questia and find one or two relevant articles
Get disconnected from internet again
Reconnect and hit refresh
Read BBC page
Read Livejournal friends page
Fill out surveys about iTunes music
Write two pages of paper
Insert some relative information from the Questia articles
Realize more info is needed
Go onto Wikipedia
Read about Kleenex
Read about Balsam
Read about bears
Find something relevant to paper topic
Check e-mail again
Write another page and a half
Insert Wikipedia info
Unbraid hair again
Write the last three pages
Play with the format a bit
Insert two more citations
Write conclusion paragraph